Here ar my counseled starter Nikon D5100 Lenses . These ar identical lenses I frequently suggest to family and friends UN agency ar trying to explore differing types of photography. take into account this list of lenses as a start line with space to grow into one thing additional serious within the future.
- Indoor Portraits and Family Shots: Nikon 35mm f/1.8G – Prime lens, nice for inside and tiny areas. (See my visual guide & review)
- outside Portraits and Candids: Nikon 50mm f/1.8G – Prime lens, nice for making house between you and your subject that makes your subject feel lighter. (See my visual guide & review)
- Weddings: Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 – optical lens with a continuing f/2.8 aperture throughout the zoom vary. provides you additional freedom once composing pictures inside or in tight areas. (See this lens on Amazon, B&H or eBay)
- outside sports (action): Nikon D5100 Lenses 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR – photo optical lens with smart reach and vibration reduction. (See my visual guide & review)
- Indoor/Low-light sports (action): Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 – photo optical lens with a continuing f/2.8 aperture throughout the zoom vary which supplies you quicker shutter speeds at lower ISO’s in low-light. (See this lens on Amazon, B&H or eBay)
- Landscape: letter of the alphabet 10-20mm f/4-5.6 – Wide angle optical lens that’s nice for photographing wide sweeping landscapes, huge skies and interiors. (See this lens on Amazon, B&H or eBay)
- Wildlife: letter of the alphabet 150-500mm f/5-6.3 – Super photo optical lens with tremendous reach for photographing subjects at a distance. (See this lens on Amazon, B&H or eBay)
- Macro (dedicated lens): Nikon 40mm f/2.8G – Macro prime lens with 1x magnification and a 6″ minimum focusing distance for photographing tiny subjects. (See this lens on Amazon, B&H or eBay)
- Macro (adapter/filter): Raynox DCR-250 – Macro adapter with a pair of.5x magnification that clips to the front of lenses with filter diameters between 52mm and 67mm. this can be an excellent choice for those trying to dabble in close-up photography. (See this lens on Amazon, B&H or eBay)
- All-in-one Walkaround: Tamron 18-270mm VC f/3.5-6.3 – All-in-one lens, capable of capturing everything from landscapes to distance subjects. (See this lens on Amazon, B&H or eBay)
- The most common filter size for the Nikon D5100 is 52mm. The 18-55mm (kit lens), 55-200mm f/4-5.6 and 35mm f/1.8G lenses all settle for 52mm sized filters. once it involves filter brands, I like B+W, vine and Tiffen…in that order. B+W is my favorite, each in terms of build quality and overall sharpness.
- 52mm UV: B+W, Hoya, Tiffen – the first purpose of a actinic radiation filter is to guard your front lens glass component. If you’re shooting close to the ocean or at intervals vary of flying dust, then it’d be an honest plan to equip your lens with one.
- 52mm Circular polarizer: B+W, Hoya, Tiffen – Circular polarizers enable you to capture deeper blue skies, additional cloud detail, less reflection off water surfaces and supplemental color saturation once shooting outdoors in bright light-weight.
- 52mm Neutral Density three Stop Filter Nikon D5100 Lenses: B+W, Hoya, Tiffen – A three stop ND filter can enable you to use fill flash with larger apertures (low f-numbers) in bright light-weight. this offers you the power to isolate your subject against a indistinct background, whereas utilizing the intrinsical flash to eliminate harsh shadows beneath full daylight.