Best Hdd For Ps4 – PlayStation 4 is the most popular gaming console worldwide and its fans are in millions. This popularity has not been gained for nothing, but because PS4 offers a superb and highly-flexible gaming experience to its users. But the major problem with PS4 is its limited hard drive capacity that used to be only 500gb in the initial version of PS4 and currently 1TB in the last updated version. But that’s still not enough for most enthusiasts who have tons of games and movies to download and play on their gaming console.
With the release of PS4 System Software 4.5, PS4 users are now able to expand the PS4 storage system to up to 8tb without the need of replacing the internal hard drive with a larger one. We strongly recommend reading this great informative articlepublished on teknowifi.com that nicely illustrates this subject and teaches you the best way to get 4tb of storage capacity with Best Hdd For Ps4 in terms of performance and price, whether your console is PS4 Standard, PS4 Slim or PS4 Pro.
The Workaround for expanding PS4 storage space With Best Hdd For Ps4
There are only two workarounds for this issue:
- Upgrade your PS4’s internal hard drive to a lager size. This might be the most preferred option to most users due to the apparent disadvantage of the second option. The most popular upgrade capacity is currently 2TB which features a good middle-term solution for most people. But a 4tb best hdd drive for ps4 can be the best option though to a smaller variety of PS4 users who have exceptional needs, and this particular hard drive capacity we’ll address within this article.
- Add an external hard drive to your PS4. This will enhance the backup capability of PS4 but it does have a major disadvantage that you can use it only for backup/archive, and when you want to play any movie/game saved there, you need first to transfer it to the internal hard drive of PS4, which forms an inconvenience for many users.
The Only 2.5-inch 4TB Hard Drive Does NOT Fit into PS4
- You may wonder that the mechanical hard drive industry is mostly focused on manufacturing
- hard drives and solid state hybrid hard drives (SSHD). There’s a blatant deliberate neglect towards developing
- hard drives that can fit into PS4 and laptop computers. Basically this is for a few reasons, which are:
- The market share of 2.5-inch internal hard drives is much smaller than that of 3.5-inch desktop hard drives.
- The necessity imposed on the hard drive manufacturers to lower the performance/speed and the capacity of the 2.5-inch form factor hard drives in order to decrease the generated heat and protect the drive from failure in case subjected to vibration/shock.
- The prevalence of external storage solutions in various forms, such as external HDD, external SSD, and USB flash drives. And with the high transfer rate the modern external storage devices offers via USB 3.0 port, along with the ability to install and run applications on these external devices, upgrading a laptop internal hard drive to a larger one wouldn’t be reasonable for the overwhelming variety of users.
- The emergence of solid state drives (SSD) as a viable alternative to 2.5-inch hard drives that offers much higher speed, way less power consumption, high resistance to shock/vibration and much lower failure rate (i.e. higher endurance), all of that made laptop computer users main ambition is to upgrade to an SSD instead of another mechanical hard drive.
All of that dissuaded hard drive manufacturers and distracted their gaze from developing the 2.5-inch form factor, except Samsung that recently made a bold step in this regard and waded into developing a bigger capacity for laptop users whose systems accept thick 2.5-inch HDD (i.e. 15mm thick). With an industrial cooperation with Seagate, the first and only 4tb internal 2.5-inch hard drive could eventually see the light, and here’s the result: Samsung Momentus ST4000LM016 4TB 2.5-inch internal Hard Drive—the largest 2.5-inch internal hard drive ever!.
But this drive is almost 15mm thick and will NOT fit into PS4 hard drive bay that requires max 9.5mm thickness. So what’s the solution? How to upgrade Best Hdd For Ps4 to 4tb and enjoy all your games and videos on one place?
The answer is: Use a 4TB 3.5-inch desktop hard drive with a special PS4 accessory and you are done!